An extraordinary historic colonial home, built for William Trent Eggleston, circa 1795. The oldest surviving residence from the village of Amelia Court House, the house was moved to its present location in 1981 and has been totally restored. Featuring rare, original details, this post and beam house retains its original heart pine floors, 7' high windows, wood wainscoting, original trims, and mantels and wood panel surrounds. Yet, this home has all the modern conveniences that make living in an historic home enjoyable. All bathrooms and the kitchen have been fully renovated, and include custom millwork and upgraded appliances by Bosch, Jenn-Air and GE Monogram. The main level includes the kitchen/diner with custom cabinetry, a large front entry hall, 11' ceilings, formal living room with gas log fireplace, and primary bedroom en suite with laundry. The second floor features a spacious bedroom with fireplace, lounge, and full bath with Jacuzzi tub. The English cellar is the entertainment center of the home with large family room, brick flooring, fireplace, library, kitchenette and full bath. Cozy cottage, four bay barn, porch/pavilion with stone flooring, workshop, and garden shed.